McAfee also offered up its Top 5 Tips for Parents to Help Educate Their Kids:-
1) "Connect with the kids...[parents] should make sure the communication lines [with their children] are open."
2) "Gain access. Parents should have passwords for their children's social media accounts and passcodes to their children's devices to have full access at any given moment."
3) "Learn their technology. [Parents] should stay one step ahead and take the time to research the various devices [their] kids use."
4) "[Parents must] get social [and] stay knowledgeable about the newest and latest social networks."
5) "[Parents must] make sure [their] kids are aware that anything they post online does not have an expiration date."
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.