Managed risk and information security services company e-Cop released Tuesday (January 31, 2012) what its data indicates to be the top ten information security (infosecurity) threats for Asia Pacific this year.
The ten are, in order of gravity:-
1) SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system attacks
2) Cloud computing “issues”
3) Targeted custom malware attacks
4) Spam with malicious code
5) Vulnerabilities in online banking
6) Improve social engineering attacks
7) Mobile malware
8) Rise of “sponsored” attacks
9) Polymorphic malware on Android
10) Ransomware on mobile devices
According to e-Cop CEO Walter Lee, his company came about this top ten list by calculating the probability of each threat as well as the “magnitude of [their] potential impact” with due consideration of “key security incidents across [their] Security Operation Centres (SOCs) in the Asia Pacific region, [and] feedback from clients, solution partners and market analysis.”
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.