It's that time of year again and Singapore's leading cybersecurity conference is here again, CLOUDSEC 2017, hosted by Trend Micro and running on the 22nd August 2017 at Marina Bay Sands.
This cannot miss event focuses on the latest IT security technologies, policies and compliance strategies to level up your security posture. Best of all, this year's event promises to be the best yet, with a carefully chosen line-up of the leading IT security experts from across Asia Pacific and beyond.
If you haven't already registered, here are 10 reasons why you absolutely cannot miss the cybersecurity event of the year, CLOUDSEC 2017:
1) Who said that cybersecurity has to be boring? Meet the winner of the Cybersecurity Personality of the Year Award for 2017 Rik Ferguson, Vice President of Security Research at Trend Micro.
2) As one of the most digitally connected countries in the world, Singapore depends on its secure IT services that unpin its Government and economy. Don't miss your chance to learn from the CEO of Trusted Source, the IT outsourcing partner for Temasek Management Services.
3) Join 500+ senior representatives from Singapore's IT security community. Network and exchange ideas with professionals from across all industry sectors, giving you the chance to make valuable and lasting connections.
4) Effective IT security depends on people, processes and technology and IT security expert Simon Piff, Vice President of IDC's IT Security Practice will outline the best practice approaches for all three in his presentation.
5) With the rise in IoT and ransomware, the healthcare industry is one of the most vulnerable sectors to cyber-attack. Learn how Singapore is fighting back from Francis Fan, Group Director, Technology Management, Integrated Health Information Systems (IHiS).
6) Back to 1999, systems were connected, security weaknesses existed and hackers broke into systems. Now in 2017, millions more systems are connected and many more weakness exist. Despite this seemingly unwinnable trend, Pieter Danhieux, Principal Instructor at SANS Institute will outline the most essential steps to protect government and enterprise networks.
7) Singapore is characterised by its ports and its reliance on shipping. Given its importance, who better than Steven Sim, Lead Group IT Security Centre of Excellence at PSA International, Singapore's port operator, to describe their best practices in protecting their systems.
8) Update yourself on all the latest IT security solutions in one place, with event sponsors including Google Cloud, VMWare, Singtel, Veeam, Right Cloud and many, many more.
9) This is your one-stop-shop to meet the experts and get your questions answered. Don't just struggle to stay afloat, learn IT security best practices from the people who have been through the same challenges as you and come out the other side.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.