Messaging and voice app Viber recently announced the release of its redesigned app for iPhone iOS 7, as well as the inaugural launch of mobile app for Blackberry 10.
"Viber has been redesigned from the start for simplicity and ease of use. For our iPhone release, we took our cue from the clean, flat look of iOS 7. We wanted Viber to feel like a completely seamless part of the device," said Talmon Marco, CEO of Viber. "Our BlackBerry 10 app is a beautiful twist on our design delivering the most up to date experience for our users."
According to its media statement, both the iPhone and BlackBerry Viber apps have been enhanced with new features that expand the functionality of the platform.
The updated iPhone app, Viber 4.2, also allows users to send multiple photos and videos simultaneously, as well as block unwanted numbers or contacts. Besides that, the app can now also send longer video messages, and display the user’s app activity status on Android Tablet, Linux, Mac, PC and Windows 8.
As for the Blackberry 10 app, the app maker stated that the top features are Viber Out and the Viber Sticker Market.
In addition, the app features a host of classic features such as:
- Text with your friends in one-on-one and group conversations
- Make free calls with HD sound quality
- Share photos, videos, voice messages, locations, stickers and emoticons
- Push notifications guarantee that you never miss a message or call, even when Viber is off
- Support for the Viber Desktop application on Windows and Mac
- Translated into 34 languages
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.