IT services, consulting and business solutions organisation Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) announced today the launch of its new mobile application, TCS SocialSoccer, which aims to give football fans an immersive social experience through their smartphones or tablets.
According to its media statement, the app allows football fans to track the mood and thoughts of fellow fans worldwide about teams, players and key events, all aggregated in real-time. The analysis is all based on Twitter data, tracking sentiments and key talking points from pundits, footballers and fans from across the world. This allows users to easily follow all games, as well as monitor the performance of their favourite teams and players.
Other key features of the app include:
- Pre- and post-match analysis of all games during the 2014 FIFA World Cup
- Real-time analytics of Twitter buzz and trends during matches
- The ability to follow your favourite teams and get up-to-date stats on the app's home screen
- Location-based sentiment analysis - find out which geographies teams and players are getting their support from
- Compare online conversations around every team and player
- Schedules, scores and key moments of every game
- Interactivity - allows fans to interact with other supporters
Throughout the tournament, users can also follow the social insights generated by the app via TCS' Facebook and Twitter pages.
The TCS SocialSoccer app is available for download on both iOS and Android mobile platforms.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.