Microsoft Surface Pro tablets will be available in Singapore from 3 June for S$1,198 (US$947) for 64GB and S$1,328 (US$1,050) for 128GB.
Surface Pro combines the best of both worlds: it provides the ease of a tablet with capabilities to support full-power productivity work offered by a fully functional PC.
"Surface Pro is inspired by the rising demand for a more mobile but connected workforce of today. With the extension of the Surface family in Singapore, we hope to deliver an ultraportable business device that does not compromise on performance and efficiency," said Helene Auriol, managing director for Microsoft Singapore.
The Windows 8 tablet with Intel core i5 processor offers the following features that make it enterprise ready:
- Productivity apps such as Skype, Office, and others available via Microsoft Store;
- Microsoft BitLocker that encrypts the hard drive's data to keep it safe;
- Mini DisplayPort to enable the tablet to be connected to projectors;
- Surface pen for note-taking and precise navigation; and
- Touch and Type Cover keyboard.
Surface Pro will be available at selected Challenger, Harvey Norman and Newstead stores. It will also be featured at the PC Show 2013 at Singapore EXPO Halls 5 & 6 from 6 to 9 June.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.