The report also revealed that iOS is the preferred mobile platform for vertical industries in which mobile users engage customers one-on-one, such as in retail or restaurants. The largest adopters include the energy, legal and insurance industries, according to the report.
The report also found that about 75 percent of Citrix's customers in Asia Pacific, including Japan, enrolled iOS as the mobile platform of choice in Q4 2012, higher than the global average of 58 percent. The global share of enrolled iOS mobile platforms rose two percent to 58 percent in Q4 2012, extending iOS' lead as the preferred mobile platform. The Enterprise Cloud report was based on aggregate data from Citrix customers who have deployed enterprise mobility management in the cloud.
Another reason for the reticence of some enterprises to embrace enterprise mobility is the lack of a single vendor who can fulfill all of an enterprise's mobility needs - from the device to the data and apps. As such, enterprises have had to piece together point solutions from multiple vendors to meet their mobility needs.
To better enable them to embrace mobility, enterprises need a solution that addresses the end-user requirements while also meeting IT's security and management requirements on the user, device, apps and data. Solutions such as Citrix's Mobile Solutions Bundle address all these requirements with a comprehensive mobility solution designed to give users the flexibility they need, combined with the control required by IT.
What has Citrix been doing in promoting enterprise mobility in the region?
With Citrix's acquisition of Zenprise in 2012 - a mobile device management software which Gartner rated as a leader in its May 2012 assessment of the mobile device management software market - Citrix has become the first company to offer a complete portfolio of mobile solutions, ranging from device management to native mobile apps for email, Web access, collaboration and data sharing, as well as desktop virtualisation for seamless access to Windows apps and desktops.
With Zenprise, we have been able to expand our range of mobility solutions to offer the industry's most comprehensive mobility portfolio in the form of a Mobile Solutions Bundle, consisting Zenprise (now called XenMobile) and CloudGateway, a mobile app management solution. With this bundle, our customers get an end-to-end solution for their enterprise mobility needs. The five key enterprise mobility management capabilities of this bundle are:
- Deliver role-based management, configuration and security for both corporate and employee-owned devices with enterprise mobile device management
- Secure email, browser and data sharing apps with the management and control that IT requires with apps from Citrix that provide a rich user experience
- Centralise IT management, security and control with mobile apps containers for any mobile app, whether created by a third party or enterprise IT
- Provide a single place for users to access all of their apps from mobile, Web, SaaS and Windows on any device through a unified app store
- Simplify the user experience and easy management for IT with identity management, single sign-on and scenario-based access control
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.