KUALA LUMPUR, 17 FEBRUARY 2009 Network solutions provider Cisco Malaysia has released solutions to help meet security, networking and productivity needs of small businesses.
These new products such as Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker meet the fundamental business needs of small businesses, said Ian Pennell, Cisco senior vice president, small business technology group.
This news builds on the November 2008 announcement of Cisco's US$100 million global strategic initiative to provide dedicated products, services and support for small businesses, including the formation of the Cisco Small Business technology group (SBTG), said Pennell.
Meeting the fundamentals
The Cisco Smart Business Communications System (SBCS) Release 1.4 is a complete collaboration and communications system that easily connects offices, employees and customers from anywhere at any time, now with the industry's first wireless desktop Internet protocol (IP) phone with Bluetooth capabilities, said Pennell, who listed some of the solutions now available:
• Cisco Spam and Virus Blocker: easy-to-use and easy-to-manage e-mail security appliance.
• Cisco NSS2000 and NSS3000 Network Storage Systems: affordable desktop, network-attached storage devices that provide security and protection of valuable data.
• Cisco Smart Business Communications System Release 1.4: a simple and complete collaboration and communications system that enables small businesses to connect telecommuters, mobile workers and employees in disparate locations.
• The Cisco 520 Secure Router: helps protect the company's network and gives employees secure access to the Internet and important business data.
• The Cisco Configuration Assistant Version 1.9: allows partners to simplify the setup and deployment of solutions designed specifically for individual businesses
At Cisco, we understand that small businesses need to see the immediate business benefits, especially during these tough economic times, said Pennell. That's why we've built these new products to address their essential business needs of security, connectivity and productivity.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.