FedEx Express (FedEx) — a transportation company that is a subsidiary of FedEx Corp — has launched FedEx Customised Freight in mainland China.
The service is applicable for outbound shipments from China to the rest of the world, as well as inbound shipments from the US and key Asian markets to China.
The service will benefit customers with special temperature control, package security and shipping needs such as those in high tech, healthcare and manufacturing sectors. "Customers' needs are constantly evolving in a changing market, and FedEx is always looking for ways to adapt and innovate our solutions to cater to them," said Karen Reddington, President of FedEx Express Asia Pacific. "As such, FedEx Customised Freight is aimed at customers with complex or unusual shipping requirements, who benefit from a tailor-made shipping service combined with FedEx's supply chain expertise."
By leveraging the FedEx Express global network and the customised value-added services of FedEx Custom Critical, the FedEx Customised Freight service determines door-to-door routing based on the customer's special shipping needs, along with integrated transportation management and coordination. The main features include:
- Customised solutions and network routing using the FedEx network and aircraft
- Dedicated vehicles to pick up and deliver packages
- Priority handling and boarding on FedEx freighters
- Weekend and holiday deliveries
- 24/7 shipment management, including proactive monitoring and near-realtime transit data
- Shipment audit upon arrival to ensure all specifications match the initial solution design and the document audit trail meets regulatory compliance requirements
- A variety of active temperature-controlled air cargo containers, along with temperature data and quality support
- 24/7/365 professional support, including advice on packaging, customs regulations and/or security
The launch of the FedEx Customised Freight marks FedEx's latest service enhancements in China. Last August, the company launched its One-Stop Cold Chain Solution to meet the temperature-control and time-sensitive needs of the country's healthcare industry. In November, the company announced that transit times for FedEx International Priority and FedEx International Economy shipments from six major cities to the US, Europe and other destinations would be reduced by one working day.
Besides China, the FedEx Customised Freight service is available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.