Business communications and collaboration systems provider, Avaya, recently held its inaugural APAC Avaya Technology Forum in Singapore on May 14 and 15.
During the event, Avaya unveiled its strategy and networking solution roadmap for the Asia Pacific business landscape. According to its media statement, Avaya’s new approach simplifies the service delivery process from the Data Centre to the end user device. This helps customers save time and money, whilst reducing deployment risk.
Some of its solutions and new enhancements include:
- VSP 8200 is a range of hybrid IP/ fabric-enabled compact-form factor switches. The first offer is the VSP 8284QSX which is targeted for the mid-sized enterprise core delivering scalable 10/40 Gig density in a very small 2U platform with chassis performance and functionality. It can play a role in traditional IP-based networks or in Fabric Connect based Campus networks.
- VSP 4450 extends the capabilities of the existing VSP 4000 portfolio by providing a fiber-based multiservice edge platform for fabric networks (existing VSP 4000 products are copper based) for the campus distribution network or for remote branch office locations. It provides a mix of PoE+ ports, Gigabit SFP ports and 10 Gigabit SFP+ ports.
- ERS 4800 with Fabric Connect support. ERS 4800 is Avaya’s flagship wiring closet switch. In its latest generally available release, it delivered Fabric Connect support with a simple software upgrade. With this introduction, it completes the end to end Fabric Connect architecture with a solution that extends from the Data Center to the Remote Branch to the Campus edge.
- Fabric Attach is a new feature which extends the values of Avaya Fabric Connect to non-fabric enabled devices or end points. It allows for zero-touch provisioning and on-boarding of these devices when attaching them to the Fabric Connect network. This is a software-based feature which will be available on select Fabric Connect products as well as on the Identity Engines portfolio.
- Identity Engines is an existing product which can be used within the automated Campus environment to authenticate non-fabric enabled devices or end points allowing them to be dynamically attached to the correct virtualized network.
- Orchestration is being delivered by the Avaya Cloud Orchestration Suite. This comprehensive suite of tools consisting of Avaya as well as third party tools (OpenStack) provisions end to end cloud services from Data Center to edge. Integration of Identity Engines enables authentication and automated on-boarding of devices.
“The growth, energy and dynamism in markets across Asia Pacific have helped fuel the rapid changes in collaboration needs. Mobility and BYOD are significant driving factors throughout the region,” said Andrew Hindmarch, APAC’s networking leader.
“We have the expertise in supporting global sporting events like the recent Sochi Winter Olympics, as well as regional and local expertise in working with various sectors to meet different challenges. Avaya’s networking solutions are helping customers overcome the challenges, while at the same time increasing revenues, lowering operating costs and enhancing their customer experience,” he added.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.