While Google has been a clear innovator and evangelist for autonomous technology, respondents said they are more inclined to trust a carmaker to make an autonomous car than a software maker. Asked who they would trust most to deliver autonomous-car technology, drivers said:
- Communications company such as Sprint or Verizon: 1%
- Consumer products company such as Apple or Samsung: 12%
- Software company such as Google or Microsoft: 15%
- Start-up automaker such as Tesla: 18%
- Traditional automaker such as Honda, Ford or Toyota: 54%
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.