Photo - David Tan, Director, Commercial Channel Sales, Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific and Japan during the announcement of the HP Elitepad 900.
HP Malaysia's new military-grade business tablet, the HP ElitePad 900, features optional Smart Jackets that will provide an enterprise grade complete ecosystem, said the technology solutions giant.
"The HP ElitePad is an ultra thin, lightweight tablet designed for Windows 8 that delivers features for IT managers and touts a design that employees will crave. It offers the full serviceability, enhanced security and manageability found in HP Elite PCs, and military-grade durability for drops, vibration, dust, temperature extremes and high altitude," said HP Malaysia country general manager, printing and personal systems, Kim Dae Hwan, speaking during the launch, which included new printers and associated solutions.
"Businesses used to face a tough purchase decision: How to find a product that will delight employees and help them be more productive, while also making sure IT can secure and manage it," said Kim. "The HP ElitePad meets all those tests. It combines the great style and user experience consumers demand with the features IT requires."
"The tablet is ergonomically shaped to fit comfortably in the hand, with a 10.1-inch diagonal display, and weighs just 0.68 kilos (4) and measures 9.2 mm thin," he said. "The 16-by-10 aspect ratio maximises the display area for ideal viewing of traditional business applications, as well as video content. Precision crafted, with an eye towards fit and finish, the HP ElitePad uses stylish, premium materials such as CNC-machined aluminum and Corning Gorilla Glass."
Kim said the tablet is powered by next-generation Intel mobile processors, and has been optimised for Windows 8 with support for touch- and pen- input. "The HP ElitePad also provides power efficiency and smartphone-style convenience with compatibility for familiar Windows applications, as well as easy integration into existing IT environments."
Optional HP Smart Jackets and additional accessories will supplement the enterprise ecosystem, said Kim. These include:
- HP ElitePad Productivity Jacket with an integrated keyboard, connectivity ports, SD card reader and adjustable viewing angles for a complete computing experience.
- HP ElitePad Expansion Jacket, which adds USB, HDMI and other connectivity to get more done on the go. Add even longer battery life when bundled with the optional HP ElitePad Jacket battery.
- The HP ElitePad Rugged Case, which provides military-grade reliability and enhances the stylish profile of the ElitePad for added protection.
- HP ElitePad Docking Station that delivers an enterprise-class desktop experience with an added keyboard and monitor and also charges the tablet. Or, use it to set the tablet up as a secondary screen for phenomenal multi-tasking.
- HP Executive Tablet Pen, which lets customers write messages and notes in their natural handwriting directly on screen and then save or convert to typed text for use in other applications.
"Information management is made easy with Evernote, which captures, saves and synchronises information across devices with impressively quick search capability, and Skitch software that eases collaboration with colleagues by quickly marking up images with captions or sketches," he said.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.