Getting there isn't always half the fun. In fact, some times, travel can be downright miserable. But the right kinds of apps and accessories can take a lot of the stress out of air travel.
In this installment of Tech For Life, we're at the airport, with a few suggestions for making the friendly skies a little more accommodating. The apps and gear featured in this episode include:
- AirportParking, an iOS app that can help you find discount lots at more than 100 airports in the US;
- Best Parking, another parking lot locator that works on Android and BlackBerry devices in addition to iOS;
- My TSA, available for both Android and iOS, and chock full of information about airport security checkpoints;
- the iPad Wallet from Waterfield Designs, a compact way for getting your iPad through security with a minimum of fuss; and
- Passbook in iOS 6 or Google Now, both of which let you store boarding passes electronically.
Special thanks to Mineta San Jose International Airport, Silicon Valley's airport, where we put many of these apps and accessories to the test.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.