Photo - Thiban Darmalingam, Regional Manager for Barracuda in Malaysia.
Barracuda Networks has announced new Total Threat Protection Initiatives especially for small and medium enterprises [SMEs] struggling with filling the information security gap due to limited skills and resources, said the cloud storage and security specialist.
Thiban Darmalingam, Malaysia-based regional manager for Barracuda, said that a recent Enterprise Strategy Group study showed that 25 percent of firms surveyed reported that while information security remained a top priority, it also remained as the number one gap to fill.
"Every year we ask IT leaders to identify areas where they have a 'problematic shortage' of IT skills, and the lack of information security expertise appears at the top of the list on an annual basis," said Darmalingam.
"It is very common for IT departments especially among SMEs to deploy a different product for every type of threat, and these individual products create security silos, blind spots, and an operations nightmare," he said. "Barracuda's Total Threat Protection initiative may be attractive because it combines the value of best-of-breed products with common management to help ensure protection and alleviate the administrative burden."
"Malicious attacks frequently exploit weaknesses across an organisation's network, making it imperative for a company to deploy an integrated approach for Total Threat Protection. According to Verizon's 2014 Data Breach Report, web application attacks were associated with the highest number of breaches for any specific threat," Darmalingam said.
Total Security Protection
He added that Barracuda continually enhanced the security capabilities of its solutions. For example, the latest security features of the Barracuda Web Application Firewall include:
- URL Encryption: Encrypts every URL within the response body before sending to clients, never exposing those URLs externally, and provides a strong mechanism for forceful browsing prevention.
- SSL Enhancements: Supports Perfect Forward Secrecy (PFS) associated ciphers.
- Improved User Access Control: Allows for user authentication across multiple domains and dual authentication against LDAP and RSA SecurID / Radius with OTP.
Total Threat Protection was also offered through a number of Barracuda security product families, including:
- Barracuda NG Firewall (F-Series) and Barracuda Firewall (X-Series)
- Barracuda SSL VPN
- Barracuda Spam Firewall and Barracuda Email Security Service
- Barracuda Web Filter and Barracuda Web Security Service
- Barracuda Web Application Firewall
- Barracuda Load Balancer ADC
- Barracuda Mobile Device Management
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.