Mobile ad platform Opera Mediaworks has launched its Innovation Lab to help marketers meet the future demands of consumers.
"We've tasked the Innovation Lab team with understanding how consumers can and will be interacting with their mobile devices in the future," said Scott Swanson, president of global advertising sales at Opera Mediaworks. The team of 11 members will then use those insights to create new products and solutions that will enable marketers to reach those consumers in an effective and engaging way.
According to Opera Mediaworks, the Innovation Lab will focus on the following five areas:
- Interactivity, which will be delivered via a suite of interactive products that utilise the native capabilities of mobile devices such as the gyroscope, accelerometer, camera and voice recognition.
- Receptivity, ensuring that ads are served not only to the right person, on the right device and place, but also at the right time -- in alignment with the user's physiological state, or mood.
- Targeting, including a proprietary technology that detects the apps on a phone to determine that person's "digital DNA" and serve a highly-relevant ad based on interests and habits.
- Location, where the creative and marketing message is dynamically updated based on location. Examples include weather-related creative, map to the nearest store, or Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offers from the nearest car dealership.
- Measurement. The Lab will find ways to improve cross-channel tracking and reporting of engagement metrics as well as understanding the factors driving in-store traffic and mobile conversions.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.