Photo - Andrew Lee, Managing Director, NEC Corporation of Malaysia.
NEC Corporation of Malaysia has launched a high-power, environmentally friendly hybrid installation projector with laser and phosphor light source for businesses to deliver cinema-quality laser technology for large auditoriums, meeting rooms as well as digital signage applications.
Andrew Lee, managing director of NEC Corporation of Malaysia, said the new NEC Laser Hybrid PX602UL Solid State Light Source (SSL) is a "powerful 6000-lumen, WUXGA projector delivering a mercury-free design.
"Our innovative eco-friendly features coupled with the minimal maintenance required will bring labour cost savings and lower total cost of ownership for businesses as lamps no longer need to be replaced every few thousand hours of use," said Lee, adding that projector has been designed to operate continuously, 24/7 if desired, and is "virtually maintenance free, which translates to lower overall total cost of ownership."
In place of a lamp, the eco-friendly projector uses solid state technology consisting of a laser diode and a phosphor wheel with a lifespan of 20,000 hours.
"Features such as tilt-free, landscape and portrait modes along with edge blending capabilities enable greater flexibility and creativity in display of images to support various deployments," he said.
Lee said another innovative feature "is the adjustable laser diode output power and the brightness levels of the projector, a first for projectors. The projector comes with a 360 degree free tilt and can be viewed in portrait mode. Other notable features include presence of Open Pluggable Specification (OPS) slot, the first industry-wide standard to simplify installation, use and maintenance while offering input flexibility for HD/SD-SDI and OPS accessory cards."
Other benefits of the PX602WL and PX602UL series projectors include:
- Multi-display support with Picture by Picture/Picture Out Picture allow for multiple source content delivery
- Native resolution - 1280x800 and 1920x1200 respectively in conjunction with a 10,000:1 contrast ratio
- Power zoom and focus for ease of installation
- Singe HDMI, DisplayPort and HDBaseT inputs provide connectivity options
- HDMI out to loop to other projectors support 4K resolution using TileMatrix capabilities of the projector
- Edge blending technology creates panoramic images with multiple projectors
- Stacking capabilities, which allow up to four projectors to be stacked vertically or horizontally to boost image brightness
The projectors will be distributed in Malaysia by authorised distributors Avisol Systems, Alphamatic Distribution, Dancom TT&L Telecommunications and 3Wired.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.