PHOTO - Ivan Wen, country manager of Sourcfire Malaysia.
Cyber security solutions provider Sourcefire Malaysia has launched an advanced, intelligent enterprise-class security solution that uses 'Big Data' to stop malware at endpoint, said the company.
Speaking on 25 January 2012, Sourcefire Malaysia country manager Ivan Wen said this launch was the most significant step yet to realising the company's vision of an intelligent 'Agile Security' protection solution.
"The solution uses 'Big Data' analytics to discover, analyse and block advanced malware," said Wen. "FireAMP is not just another anti-malware product. It is a highly intelligent cyber security solution that has unprecedented visibility and control to block threats missed by other security layers. FireAMP represents what your enterprise really needs to address advanced malware."
"Over the past year, Sourcefire talked to more than 100 enterprises and heard one common theme: they have the latest endpoint security products with the latest DAT files, but are still heavily infected -- up to 10 percent of organisations' computers are being infected -- and the next scheduled scan will catch only one percent of threats," he said.
"More importantly, they don't know how these threats got in, how they are spreading when inside, or which computers have them," said Wen. "Current endpoint protection platforms (EPPs) consistently still do not protect endpoints against mass-propagated consumer threats or handcrafted targeted attacks."
Wen added that FireAMP was the first in the market to offer advanced solutions with capabilities that include:
• FireCLOUD - Cloud-based infrastructure with detection capabilities that leverage big data analytics to identify and score threats missed by other security layers
• File Trajectory - Tracks file movement to allow organisations to identify the entry point and propagation path of malware
- File Analysis - Provides detailed information on malware behaviour backed by the elite Sourcefire Vulnerability Research Team (VRT).
- Outbreak Control - Customer-defined detections that automatically blocks malware immediately.
- Cloud Recall - Continuous in-the-cloud analysis of historical file activity to discover and remediate threats that were previously missed.
"Even with the latest security technologies with all of the latest updates, most of the enterprises still suffer from malware infections," he said. "FireAMP offers visibility into the state of malware in an environment -- identifying high-risk computers, threat root causes, applications which are introducing the malware, advanced persistent threats, and malware that could be unique to a customer's environment."
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.