Here are some other tips on staying focused on the job:
- Most people do their best work earlier in the day.
- Leave "mindless" work such as responding to email and filling out paperwork for the end of the day, when you're starting to slow down.
- Make a schedule and stick to it to the extent you can.
- Split large tasks into smaller ones to make them more manageable.
- Plan your workday around the times when you're most focused. If you're a night owl, take some downtime in the afternoon, so you're ready for a burst of creativity in the wee hours.
- Don't skip meals.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.