Vabanque: a groundbreaking change
During a recent investigation, Kaspersky Lab's experts discovered an attack in which an accountant's computer was compromised and used to initiate a large transfer with a financial institution. It represented the emergence of a new trend - targeted attacks directly against banks. Once attackers get into a bank's network, they siphon enough information to allow them to steal money directly from the bank in several ways:
- Remotely commanding ATMs to dispose cash;
- Performing SWIFT transfers from various customers' accounts;
- Manipulating online banking systems to perform transfers in the background.
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
- Melbourne CBD highest risk area for mobile malware threats
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.