Today (30 April 2013), 18 government services received awards at the inaugural e-Government Excellence Awards ceremony (GEA) for excelling in e-Government services. Jointly organised by the Ministry of Finance and Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, the awards programme is an effort to recognise agencies for excellence in e-Government and to encourage improvements across all public sector agencies.
Held at the Mapletree Business City, the event was graced by Peter Ong, Head of Civil Service, who gave out six distinguished winner awards and 12 merit awards in six categories: Websites, e-Services, m-Services, Data Sharing, People Engagement, and Shared System and Services.
The programme saw over 90 submissions from more than 45 government agencies. The judging criteria for entries included business impact and benefits, alignment to best practices and innovativeness. Winners were selected based on public satisfaction ratings as well as evaluation by a panel of judges comprising industry representatives from the private sector.
Said Ong: "The government needs to harness the ideas of the masses and seek ways to co-create and improve our public service delivery. While technology can provide the platform for this to happen, it is our collaborative approach and unceasing innovation that will allow us to recognise and capture opportunities and translate them into a higher quality of life for our people."
The winning services for each category are:
- Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources (MEWR)—MEWR Website (Distinguished)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB)—HDB InfoWEB (Merit)
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)—NS Portal (Merit)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB)—MyDoc@HDB (Distinguished)
- Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)—e-Appointment Booking System (Merit)
- SPRING Singapore—GeBIZ Alerts (Merit)
- Land Transpor tAuthority (LTA)—MyTransport.SG Mobile (Distinguished)
- Housing & Development Board (HDB)—Mobile@HDB (Merit)
- People's Association (PA)—OurCommunity (Merit)
- Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)—cyberpioneerTV & cyberpioneer Facebook (Distinguished)
- Ministry of Manpower (MOM)—SNAP@MOM (Merit)
- National Library Board (NLB)—Singapore Memory Project (Merit)
Shared Systems & Services:
- Building & Construction Authority (BCA)—One-Stop CORENET System (Distinguished)
- Ministry of Finance (MOF)—Alliance for Corporate Excellence (ACE) (Merit)
- Public Service Division (PSD)—Cube (Merit)
- Land Transport Authority (LTA ) (Distinguished)
- National Environment Agency (NEA) (Merit)
- Singapore Land Authority (SLA) (Merit)
More details on the eGov Excellence awards, distinguished and merit award recipients and their winning projects can be found here.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.