Zhang Yanan, research manager of IDC China, believes that the rapid development of China's Internet industry is due to three major factors. The factors include the increased attention the industry is gaining nationwide and globally, the rise in Internet penetration in the country, and the changing consumer demands.
Other trends that IDC expects the Chinese Internet industry to face this year are as follows:-
- China will become the world's mobile Internet heartland;
- The destruction and transformation of traditional industries brought by Internet will no longer be a dream;
- Cross-border e-business and mobile e-business remain two highlights in the traditional e-commerce market;
- Private banks and equity-based crowd-funding will lead Internet financial market;
- Internet companies will race to capture car networking and car after-service market; and
- Network security will be elevated to the national security level.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.