Honoured guests jointly officiated at the Opening Ceremony for InnoCarnival 2014. . Credit: ITC.
The Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) of the government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSARG) has launched InnoCarnival 2014 in a bid to promote an innovation and technology culture.
Building on the success of last year, InnoCarnival 2014 will continue to feature more than 850 free activities to attract and encourage participation from different sectors of the community. According to Gregory So Kam-leung, Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development of the HKSAR, the carnival will "enable public to personally experience local achievements in innovation and technology." He added that it will also "encourage understanding of the significance of technology in our daily lives and in economic development, and advocate public interest and support for technology."
Open till 9 November 2014 at the Hong Kong Science Park, the event will include the following activities:
- Showcase of innovations and research achievements from more than 75 local universities and research and development centres.
- Guided tours to visit facilities in the Science Park.
- "Freeing InnoScene" real-life room escape game, which will challenge participants' intellectual and problem-solving ability.
- InnoFiesta, which will feature music, dance and magic shows.
- Innothon 8km 2014, a run event that will provide participants with personal experience of the latest sports technologies.
To get to the event venue, members of the public can hop onto the free shuttle buses at Sha Tin MRT station. Additional shuttle bus services are provided at Kowloon Tong and Wan Chai on Saturdays and Sundays.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.