Screenshot of Google mini site. Credit to Google Singapore.
In light of the upcoming Chinese New Year, Google has launched a mini site filled with tips to help Singaporeans prepare for the celebration.
Singaporeans can go through the different tabs, answer questions, and learn how to best utilise Google's various tools to plan and celebrate the Chinese New Year. The questions posed highlight Chinese traditions as well as the unique features of the celebration.
Following are some of the tips offered:
- Use Google Hangouts to have video conversations with up to ten people concurrently.
- Search for recipes using Google Search. Use "-" to eliminate searches with certain ingredients that you don't like. For example, to search for a recipe for dumplings without chives, type "dumplings recipe -chives" in the search box.
- Search for videos by expert chefs on YouTube to improve your cooking technique.
- Get turn-by-turn directions spoken out loud by using Google Maps when driving.
- Back up the photos on your phone with Google+ Auto Backup.
Google also revealed the ten most searched Chinese New Year related searches in Singapore. They are:
1. Chingay 2014
2. Pineapple tart recipe
5. Feng Shui 2014
6. Chinese New Year
7. Chinatown Singapore
8. Lunar calendar 2014
9. Yusheng recipe
10. Egg tart recipe
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.