Subscribe / Unsubscribe Enewsletters | Login | Register

Pencil Banner

Global Invacom sees steady growth in the Asia market

Zafirah Salim | July 23, 2014
In this interview, Global Invacom’s Executive Director Malcolm Burrell, and Sales and Marketing Director David Fugeman, talk about their business strategies and plans for the APAC market and why they decided to build their base in Singapore where satellite technology has limited public use.

A first for a Singapore-listed company, satellite equipment provider Global Invacom, has proposed a secondary listing on London's Alternative Investment Market (AIM).

AIM is a sub-market of the London Stock Exchange. It allows smaller companies to float shares with a more flexible regulatory system that is applicable to the main market, which is similar to the Catalist board of the Singapore Exchange (SGX).

Malcolm Burrell, Executive Director of Global Invacom, said that the firm plans to raise up to US$15 million (S$18.6 million) - of which 90 percent of it will be attributed to acquisitions, while the remaining 10 percent will go towards general corporate purposes and working capital.

With regards to acquisitions, the company is seeking acquisitions that can provide new geographies, products, or relationships with broadcasters. In fact, the company said that it has 36 potential acquisitions in the pipeline.

"We took over Singapore-listed company Radiance Electronics Limited in 2010. We then reversed ourselves with Radiance in 2012 at creating Global Invacom Group Limited. Since then, we've done a couple of acquisitions. We bought components firm Waveguide Solution in 2012, and also purchased Raven Manufacturing Limited - a UK-based manufacturer of satellite antennas - in late 2013," said Burrell.

"We have demonstrated that we have a track record in acquisitions and we will be continuing to grow by acquisitions as part of our organic growth strategy," he added.

Technology is key

As one of the seven major players in the Satellite Communications (Sat Comms) industry, it is vital for the company to stand out from the crowd.

Besides acquisitions, Burrell emphasised that maintaining and building positive relationships with its customers, as well as keeping its technology infrastructure up-to-date is a huge part of its growth strategy.

"We offer complete service, but fundamentally, we are a technology company, so we invest a lot of money in our day working with our customers to develop the type of products that they want, or before the market itself requires it. So we pump in a lot of money in technology and that's what puts us above, or hopefully allows us to stand out from the crowd," said David Fugeman, Sales and Marketing Director of Global Invacom.

"Yes, technology is key," added Burrell. "We need to be out to deliver that technology so customers want to come to us. Being the leading Sat Comms innovator, we seek to constantly revolutionise technology in this industry to provide convenience to broadcasters and end-users while taking into account environmental issues through moving towards greener technology."

Fibre offerings in Singapore

Satellite television (TV) is the dominant delivery method for pay TV content in many countries such as the United Kingdom, United States, and Malaysia. However, in Singapore, private ownership of satellite TV is completely prohibited.

 

1  2  3  Next Page 

Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.