Filipino researchers have presented their technology products to possible business investors and customers at the Leaders in Innovation Fellowship (LIF) Demo Day on 5 August 2016.
The LIF event featured 15 selected technology products from local innovators. Prior the demo day, the researchers have undergone courses for 10 months at the Asian Institute Management, and Royal Academy of Engineering in United Kingdom.
The demo day was held at the AIM's Fuller Hall in Makati City, in partnership with the British Embassy Manila, Newton Agham, Royal Academy of Engineering, and the Department of Science and Technology (DOST).
In a press release, DOST Undersecretary Rowena L. Guevara encouraged the public and stakeholders to look closely at the 15 technology products which could help them improve their own services.
The 15 selected technology products are as follow:
1. AquoSense is a water quality sensor system which provides information on how to efficiently manage water.
2. HeartSmart Rehabilitation Device is a stand-alone adaptive exercise training system for cardiac rehabilitation.
3. Nano-Plant Growth Regulator which helps for enhanced rooting and increased crop yield.
4. Jolt is a home energy storage and emergency power system which is centred on a portable power bank device.
5. PinPoint is a tracking system that integrates real-time Global Positioning System (GPS) data with audio and video information.
6. VISSER is a hardware and software solution that can be used to conduct basic science experiments.
7. Food Innovation Centres or FICs aim to provide local food industry with a modern food processing equipment to enhance product quality and production.
8. Stabilised Brown Rice is high in dietary fibre and helps get micronutrients deficient in most diets.
9. MicroMill is a compact impeller rice mill that can produce both white and brown rice.
10. ReliefVent is a ventilator for both children and adults. It is designed for hospital and home use.
11. Smart Surface is an electronic sensor platform that can convert virtually any ordinary surface into a tap-sensitive device like smartphones and tablets.
12. JAmp WSSV Diagnostic kit is a diagnostic system for shrimp that might be infected with white spot syndrome virus (WSSV). The kit is composed of a DNA extraction, WSSV assay kit, and a heat block.
13. AgMuLa RTA (Rice Transplanter Attachment) is a tool which can be attached and detached from common hand tractors to allow the system to be used in planting rice seedlings.
14. fishPines is a plant-based testosterone that can be used to reverse the sex of a tilapia.
15. Guaviderm is an herbal ointment to treat bacterial skin infection and prevent wound infections from skin injuries and surgical procedures.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.