And much, much more
Those are only the key consumer features included in Catalyst Omega. The full list of new goodies is too long to list in full, but here are a few more highlights:
- The hair-enhancing TressFX 3.0 adds support for animal fur.
- AMD's Gaming Evolved client now includes Mantle support for game streaming
- OpenCL 2.0 and OpenGL ES3.0 are now supported
- AMD CodeXL 1.6 and HSA Runtime support for developers
- Catalyst packages for the Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux distros
- Streamlined Catalyst installation and faster hardware detection
Sure, we're still eagerly awaiting AMD's Radeon hardware response to Nvidia's masterful 900-series graphics cards. But Catalyst Omega shows AMD's still fighting on the software side of things, too — and you can expect that whenever all those new Radeon R9 300-series graphics cards do start showing up, they'll take full advantage of the slew of features buried within this driver.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.