Security company, Checkpoint Systems, has released a mobile app to help retailers combat the threat of organised crime.
The real-time mobile app for smartphones and tablets is said to provide retailers with real-time Electronic Article Surveillance (EAS) and Organised Retail Crime (ORC) activity management.
The vendor said the app tracks theft events and manages in-store Radio Frequency Electronic Article Surveillance (RF EAS) activity on mobile devices in real-time.
Checkpoint said the app was developed in response to retail customer requests for an easy means of ensuring that store associates comply with store shoplifting policies and have RF EAS systems always turned on and operating properly.
The EVOLVE-Store app enables retailers to:
- Measure and improve consumer conversion rates through real-time visibility of the number of shoppers in stores
- Measure policy compliance by managing response times to alarm events
- Visibility of theft-related events affecting the store
- Deter opportunistic shoplifters and ORC activity, reducing shrink and increasing shelf availability, sales and profits.
- Prevent out-of-stocks related to shoplifting
Additional features of the appn include a staff panic alert to request help from associates; an EAS night-save feature to save power when the store is closed; the ability to test, mute or disable EAS systems; and multi-user logins for each smart device.
EVOLVE-Store is available immediately.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.