Photo - (From left) Paul Palmer, Vice President of F-Secure APAC; and Christian Fredrikson, CEO of F-Secure Corporation.
F-Secure has launched a new cloud-based Protection Service for Business (PSB) in Malaysia, which will increase business productivity, said the Helsinki-headquartered Security solutions specialist.
Speaking in Kuala Lumpur, F-Secure Corporation chief executive officer Christian Fredrikson said PSB will meet the security needs of Malaysian businesses for all layers in the organisation and allow for immediate updates and fixes.
The launch follows the company's latest threat report, which emphasised a significant increase in cyber security threats in Malaysia, fuelled by the increasing use of mobile devices and applications.
"The new PSB solution by F-Secure allows businesses, especially small and medium enterprises [SMEs] to focus more on their business and leave security to the experts," said Fredrikson. "By choosing security as a service, businesses no longer have to worry about IT security, security settings or software updates."
"PSB will protect all devices against the latest security threats, and F-Secure will maintain the whole solution together with the local IT security partner to monitor and manage the customer's devices," he said. "No additional hardware investment is required, which translates to direct cost savings to the enterprise, and increased productivity for the business."
"It is a comprehensive turn-key protection suite for multi-device settings, offering the best security in the market coupled with advanced value-added features, such as Software Updater, which ensures a worry-free, state-of-the-art protection solution," said Fredrikson. "This unique cloud-based solution protects computers (PCs, laptops, Macs), file servers (Windows and Linux), email servers (Microsoft Exchange) and mobile devices (phones and tablets) ensuring up-to-date protection at all times."
Game-changing technology on the way
Paul Palmer, Vice President for F-Secure APAC, said that with Malaysia being Southeast Asia's third-largest economy and ranking sixth in the list of the world's 20 emerging markets, PSB was "expected to spur the SME security market and is a perfect fit for small and medium sized businesses in Malaysia."
Palmer said the PSB solutions include:
- PSB Workstation Security for the protection of all of a customer's computers with one subscription, regardless of the operating system on the computers. The PSB Software Updater will scan computers for mission operating system and third-party application patches.
- PSB Server Security for Windows and Linux servers. Real-time and scheduled scanning will ensure that no malware was stored on business' file servers. The Windows version also has antivirus, behaviour analysis and cloud-based reputation technology (DeepGuard), while the Linux version included antivirus and allows control of the system firewall.
- PSB E-mail and Server Security for servers running Microsoft Exchange, operating through three modules and has enhanced cloud-based protection with DeepGuard, Browsing Protection for terminal users and centralised quarantine management. E-mail and Server Security supports Windows, Microsoft Small Business Server, Microsoft Exchange, Terminal and Citrix servers.
- PSB Mobile Security for Android, Symbian and Windows Mobile platforms. Mobile Security comprises antivirus, antispyware, firewall, antitheft and browsing protection, with some differences between operating systems.
- Software Updater - a new feature, which checks that operating systems and third party applications in the organisation are kept up to date.
F-Secure's Fredrikson added that the next product, called Freedome, will be "a super-simple security and online privacy solution that allows users to browse safely in a virtual private network, blocking harmful sites as well as applications. It also shields the user's privacy, giving anonymity and a clean digital footprint, away from the eyes of advertisers or cyber criminals."
"Freedome is a game-changing technology which is set to alter the web-sphere significantly. The first-of-its-kind product will be released in Malaysia later this year, as one of the many F-Secure outreach product plans, along with Younited and PSB," he said.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.