Photo - Ivan Wen, Country Manager, Sourcefire Malaysia.
Sourcefire has announced an increase of partners and distributors across the Asia Pacific region for its intelligent threat-centric cyber security systems, which adds to its global partner eco-system of more than 600 partners.
Sourcefire Malaysia country manager Ivan Wen said most recently, Sourcefire expanded its distribution agreement with M.Tech (Registered as M-Security Technology in Malaysia), which also appointed M.Tech as its value added distributor in other Southeast Asian countries including Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, India and Hong Kong.
"Sourcefire's success in building a strong partner ecosystem is a testament to the innovation that is enabling customers to adopt a threat-centric approach security model," said Wen.
"Even the most security diligent organisations are recognising that attacks are no longer an 'if' but a 'when.' Technology and business leaders do not need to accept defeat, but they do need to accept that the attackers have changed the game and become smarter over the years," he said.
Wen said the company's success in Malaysia and the Asia Pacific underscored the company's commitment to its more than 600 partners worldwide that help customers achieve protection across the full attack continuum - before, during and after a threat.
These partners offer Sourcefire's leading security solutions including FirePOWER, a network-based platform for Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) and Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) solutions. Partners also offer the company's Advanced Malware Protection solutions to address malware across the extended network, which also includes mobile, virtual and endpoint.
Think like the attackers
Wen said Sourcefire's recent innovations this year include innovative malware trajectory capabilities across the Sourcefire Advanced Malware Protection portfolio. "These Advanced Malware Protection solutions are the only offerings that add a continuous capability, going beyond point-in-time detection to confirm an infection, trace its path, analyse its behaviour, remediate its targets and report on its impact regardless when a file is determined to be malware."
There have been enhancements to the Sourcefire FirePOWER security platform, including its 7000 and 8000 series appliances, as well as updates to its NGIPS and NGFW for increased flexibility and scalability, he said. "Incident Response Professional Services help customers in addressing advanced malware challenges. The services allow customers to clearly identify an event, evaluate the risk and determine the most effective approach to remediate."
"It is time that we think like the attackers in order to protect an organisation's security system from being compromised. Our partner base shares this strategic approach to security," said Wen, adding that partner milestones include:
- Appointed several new distributors and partners across Asia Pacific to promote, market and distribute the company's Agile Security solutions.
- Established a distribution agreement with M.Tech in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam
- Appointed WhiteGold Solutions as its distributor in Australia and New Zealand
- Appointed iValue Solutions as a Value Added Distributor (VAD) in India
Meanwhile, companies working with Sourcefire to build custom security systems include:
- JCMEX Trading in Malaysia, which selected Sourcefire as a partner in enabling the delivery of NGIPS protection over Internet Protocol (IP) telephony solutions for enterprises, small and mid-sized businesses (SMBs).
- Ixia collaborated with Sourcefire to offer a joint solution using NGIPS and the Ixia Anue Net Tool Optimizer to provide IT organisations a dynamic approach that uses awareness and automation to provide visibility and context while constantly adapting to new threats, new vulnerabilities and common network changes.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.