6. It takes several prints and we have to whet it a bit as well. When everything is done we put it in the lock, and like a miracle - it actually opens.
The tools we used:
- A common smartphone or a camera to take the photo.
- The free software Paint (included in Windows) to crop the picture; Inkscape to convert it to a format that the 3D software can use.
- 3D software 360 Fusion. It costs 2,500 SEK (USD 280) per year, but is also available in a free test version.
- 3D printer Makerbot Replicator for around 30,000 SEK (USD 3,400). A cheaper model would have been just as good.
- Plastic material to create the key. The cost is next to nothing.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.