Hillstone Networks — a network security solutions provider — recently made CloudEdge, its virtual firewall solution, available on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
The move aims to enable small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in Southeast Asia "to streamline their security processes [by leveraging] easy-to-use solutions that can be purchased and deployed immediately," said Francis Teo, Regional Director for Southeast Asia at Hillstone Networks.
CloudEdge is deployed as an Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (Amazon VPC) gateway to provide an additional layer of comprehensive security protection for AWS customers. The solution integrates with multiple security services, including firewall security, application visibility and identification, VPN, IPS, QoS, SLB, and attack protection, to ensure security for cloud deployment.
According to Hillstone Networks, CloudEdge allows users to provision firewall security whenever and wherever it is needed. Other benefits of the solution include:
- Dedicated cloud security isolation. CloudEdge inspects all traffic flowing across the Amazon VPC; and unauthorised access attempts are prevented based on user and application identification and control.
- AWS Service and Reliability. Hillstone supports Amazon VPC service maintenance through the integration of a snapshot backup of CloudEdge, enabling rapid restoration of virtual firewall services with the most current configuration, in the unlikely event of an appliance failure or system crash.
- Flexible and Affordable. Hillstone provides granular control based on applications, offers reports on Amazon VPC traffic, and helps AWS users achieve the lowest cost for network security.
- North-South Traffic Inspection to provide the VPC network with dedicated security isolation via policy control, as well as granular access control, QoS, VPN, IPS and server load balancing to guarantee business continuity.
- IPSec VPN and SCVPN for endpoint and hybrid-cloud. Standards-based site-to- site VPN connections are established between the corporate local network, branches and the AWS virtual service.
- Server load balancing, helping businesses establish an Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.