Photo - Thiban Darmalingam, Regional Manager for Barracuda in Malaysia
The new SignNow Appliance together with SignNow version 4.0 can now obtain signatures from customers, partners and employees within seconds, said the cloud-connected security and storage specialist Barracuda Networks.
Thiban Darmalingam, regional manager for Barracuda in Malaysia, said: "The new SignNow Appliance delivers a big boost to organisations in terms of secure, flexible deployment options for their on-premise, or private or public cloud infrastructure. They can now deploy a robust eSignature solution for greater control over critical business documents."
"Trusted by millions of users worldwide, SignNow's cloud-based service has now been extended to an appliance that allows users to share, sign and collaborate in a secure on-premises environment with more access controls and stringent security settings in their own environment, and further enabling their mobile workforce," said Darmalingam.
He said the new SignNow release was part of Barracuda's recently launched Data Protection Plus, which was a "strategic Barracuda initiative aimed at helping customers access, retain and share critical data from anywhere and using any device."
Darmalingam said workflow management continued to form an important piece in the company's development strategy. "As via Data Protection Plus, we are always announcing new solutions to some of IT's biggest challenges - that is to ensure business applications are up and running."
A new way of thinking
Protecting the modern workplace demanded a new way of thinking, said Darmalingam. "Data Protection Plus enables and accelerates the use of virtualisation, cloud and mobile technologies, and represents the latest innovation across our storage product line."
"IT organisations require solution flexibility to not only protect that data, but also provide fast recovery and availability options to workers everywhere. Barracuda's approach to delivering multiple options across the storage portfolio gives customers that flexibility," he said.
Darmalingam said SignNow simplified and helped to organise critical document processes securely and efficiently. He added the solution has been used in some sporting events supported by the company such as:
- The PGA Tour streamlined caddie registration at the 2014 Barracuda Championship by incorporating SignNow mobile for quick, easy and secure registration. This accelerated and simplified the sign-in process and reduced the amount of paper being used.
- UCLA was one of the first universities to implement eSignatures by allowing players to electronically sign their National Letters of Intent using SignNow during the 2014 National Signing Day period.
- Pepsi leveraged the SignNow platform to electronically notarize more than 500 signatures for photos submitted from around the country to be used as part of the 2013 Super Bowl Halftime Show.
- Brooklyn Nets All-Star point guard Deron Williams signed his $98 million contract on his iPad using the SignNow application.
- New England Patriots have signed on with SignNow simply their operations and manage hundreds of official documents related to employee contracts, player contracts, vendor and more.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.