What tech trends can you expect next year in networking? Blue Coat Systems’ Jon Andresen, director, product marketing, Asia Pacific, highlights five areas.
- Mobile devices and tablets will skyrocket in popularity. "Bring your own device (BYOD)" vies with corporate purchase model, as bandwidth demands on the corporate network will increase.
- Internet connectivity finally moves to the branch office. Driven by SaaS adoption and cost optimisation strategies, enterprises leverage cloud delivered Web security and asymmetric optimisation to re-architect WAN.
- BIG DATA. Smartphone and tablet updates join PC software patches, creating larger and more frequent, consuming considerably more network bandwidth.
- Live streaming takes off. Video from the Web and internal company sources will grow significantly in use and often result in complete inundation of WAN or Internet gateway bandwidth.
- Cloud-based SaaS applications will begin to shift from being purely cloud-based to a new model with some local or device compute and storage, expanding the challenge to optimise and accelerate these applications.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.