This year's YouTube Rewind list reveals that most Singaporeans enjoy watching humourous sketches about Singaporeans and the Singaporean life. .
The top video was determined by the many ways that users interacted with the video such as sharing, liking or commenting on it.
According to YouTube, there is no exact formula for a viral video but "popular videos tend to be entertaining or informative, and contain something that users want to share with others".
Following are the top 10 most viewed YouTube videos in Singapore for 2013:
1. Ylvis - The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) [Official music video HD]
2. Gangam Style - PSY (Jayesslee Cover)
3. "Beauty And A Beat" - Justin Bieber (Alex Goot, Kurt Schneider, and Chrissy Costanza Cover)
4. Ah Boys to Men 2: THE JOURNEY (making of)
5. 16 Types of People at Sentosa
6. 11 Reasons Why Singaporeans Complain!
7. Singaporean Gentleman (Psy- Gentleman Parody)
8. 17 Types of Singaporean Couples
9. Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise
10. 10 TYPES OF GIRLS IN SINGAPORE CLUBS
Singaporeans were also found to be watching almost the same music videos as the global audience. Unsurprisingly, Psy's Gentleman music video received the highest viewership in Singapore as well as internationally.
1. PSY - GENTLEMAN M/V
2. P!nk - Just Give Me A Reason ft. Nate Ruess
3. Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball
4. Bruno Mars - When I Was Your Man [Official Video]
5. Katy Perry - Roar (Official)
6. Demi Lovato - Heart Attack (Official Video)
7. Justin Timberlake - Mirrors
8. One Direction - Best Song Ever
9. Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stop
10. Taylor Swift - 22
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.