Organisations in Asia can now leverage the new Veeam Availability Suite v9 solution to meet the needs of the Always-On Enterprise.
According to a Forrester/Disaster Recovery Journal survey of global disaster recovery decision-makers, 35 percent of companies reported that mismatched business expectations from technology capabilities was one of the biggest challenges faced when recovering from their most recent disaster or major business disruption. It was also revealed that IT departments are struggling to meet their organisations' demands for better availability.
"Enterprises are generating ever-increasing amounts of data to which they expect 24/7 access, which places an immense burden on IT to deliver. Veeam Availability Suite v9 addresses these needs [by promising recovery time and point objectives (RTPO) of less than 15 minutes for all applications and data]," said Ratmir Timashev, CEO at Veeam.
Veeam Availability Suite v9 introduces more than 250 enterprise-focused enhancements and new features delivering the following capabilities: high-speed recovery, data loss avoidance, verified recoverability, leveraged data and complete visibility.
According to Veeam, notable highlights within Veeam Availability Suite v9 are:
- EMC VNX and VNXe hybrid storage array integration. This integration helps IT professionals create backups from EMC VNX or VNXe storage snapshots up to 20 times faster than the competition, and easily recover individual items in two minutes or less - without staging or intermediate steps -with minimal impact on production virtual machines.
- Additional Primary Storage Integrations for HPE, NetApp and EMC. Veeam On-Demand Sandbox for Storage Snapshots and enhancements to Backup EMC, HPE and NetApp will help leverage enterprise storage investments for development/testing, and eliminate impact from backup activities on production environment.
Direct network file system (NFS) Access for any NFS-based primary storage will improve backup performance and remove impact from backup activities on VMware vSphere hosts too.
- Veeam Explorer for Oracle. Featuring unique transaction-level recovery of Oracle databases, including agentless transaction log backup so customers can restore databases to a precise point in time, this enables low recovery point objectives (RPOs). It also allows quick and simple one-click restore of individual databases, supports databases running on Windows- and Linux-based servers, and is fully compatible with Oracle Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- DRaaS powered by Veeam Cloud Connect Replication. Organisations will get a fully integrated, fast and secure means to replicate workloads to the cloud, enabling Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) with improved recovery time objectives (RTOs). This eliminates the need for organisations to build and maintain a disaster recovery site, thus offloading a tremendous amount of cost and complexity from their IT infrastructure.
The extended functionality also gives Veeam Cloud and Service Providers the ability to provide their customers with fast and secure DRaaS with the new Veeam Cloud Connect Replication for Service Providers offering.
- Unlimited Scale-out Backup Repository. This feature helps organisations to lower backup storage hardware spending, and simplify backup storage and backup job management in the enterprise, while improving backup performance up to two times.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.