Among other announcements from the OpenStack Grizzly Summit:
- Cloudbase announced the official availability of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Standard Evaluation for testing in OpenStack.
- CloudByte, a software-defined storage company, announced its integration with OpenStack Block Storage Cinder, enabling cloud service providers to create, snapshot, and manage CloudByte storage volumes using Cinder API or the OpenStack Horizon client.
- CloudScaling announced a major revision of its Open Cloud System, including support for OpenStack Grizzly, enhancements to block storage (and snapshots), and a virtual private cloud network capability.
- NetApp announced it has submitted a prototype and proposal for a file-share service that can address a range of file-system types to extend access to applications written for file-based storage without the need for a separate management interface.
- Piston Cloud announced a new release of its Enterprise OpenStack cloud OS for private IaaS environments, now featuring what it claims is a "lights-out model for the software-defined data center," along with improved API support for businesses that want to use Piston Cloud instead of or in addition to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.