Please tell me more about Pivotal's offering in helping telcos move ahead.
Pivotal is, with our partners, providing the full spectrum of tools and services for Network Service Providers to identify their data assets, access and manage inventory and present them with new business opportunities.
- Pivotal Data Science services teams are working with Network service providers to understand and extract value from the network intelligence. In concert with major consulting partners like Accenture, Pivotal teams are helping our customers to qualify business opportunities arising from this data.
- Pivotal has built the Pivotal Real Time Intelligence platform as a tool to capture and present data sources in a way that they can be easily manipulated and managed using Data Science algorithms. Configured for both internal and external use. The Pivotal platform can be used to create new revenue sources as well as deliver the intelligence required to improve customer engagement amongst other things.
- Pivotal Data Fabric tools, including Pivotal Hadoop, have challenged the traditional approach to software pricing for data management tools. Pivotal have priced the Data Fabric toolkit to trend the cost of data management to zero but to focus pricing on data value extraction. Hence Pivotal Data Fabric solutions are typically substantially lower cost and are providing a significant disruptor to the traditional IT database models. Moreover, this approach is, in our view, essential to any Big Data strategy. Substantially lowering the cost barrier to value is enabling network service providers to contemplate value extraction from massive amounts of network operations data previously not stored.
- Pivotal Hawq, a part of the Pivotal Data Suite, is enabling operators to reduce the time to value from SQL queries on very large data lakes.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry is providing a managed instance of the open source cloud abstraction layer. Cloud Foundry has seen explosive adoption across all industries. In the Network service providers we are enabling operator IT platforms to be used for both internal applications and also to be offered as PaaS value added propositions for enterprise customers.
- Pivotal Labs, our agile rapid applications development shop, is partnering with some larger global operators to offer "app development and hosting services" for operators wishing to provide both the app development and to host app stores on behalf of their enterprise customers.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.