Lighting a fire under Spark ecosystem
IBM has committed to taking the following actions to accelerate open source innovation in the Spark ecosystem:
- It will build Spark into the core of the company's analytics and commerce platforms.
- IBM will open source its IBM SystemML machine learning technology and collaborate with Databricks to advance Spark's machine learning capabilities.
- IBM will offer Spark as a service on IBM Bluemix to make it possible for any app developer to load data, model it and derive the predictive artifact to use in their app.
- IBM will commit more than 3,500 researchers and developers to work on Spark-related projects at more than a dozen labs worldwide, and open a Spark Technology Center in San Francisco for the Data Science and Developer community to foster design-led innovation in intelligent applications.
- IBM will educate at least one million data scientists and data engineers on Spark through extensive partnerships with AMPLab, DataCamp, MetiStream, Galvanize and Big Data University MOOC.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.