(When asked about regular expression support, Microsoft responded that Power BI was designed for business users, most of whom are unfamiliar with regular expressions. The company believes that a fair amount text manipulation can be accomplished using Power BI queries.)
- Introduction to DAX -- a Microsoft Guided Learning tutorial with both text and videos.
- DAX 101 -- a video recording of a two-hour intro session presented at Microsoft Data Insights in March 2016.
- Introduction to Power Query (informally known as "M") Formula Language -- a quick overview and list of functions for using M to build data queries.
- Learn to use R: Your hands-on guide -- Computerworld's free PDF download for getting starting with R, including some simple data visualization techniques. Already know R basics? Download our Advanced Beginner's Guide to R.
- R Language -- The place to go for all Computerworld's coverage of R.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.