Subscribe / Unsubscribe Enewsletters | Login | Register

Pencil Banner

CA Technologies throws down gauntlet to Malaysian CIOs

AvantiKumar | Sept. 11, 2013
Disruptive technologies must be used proactively and strategically to put IT into the business innovation seat, said CA Technologies' Victor Cheng during CA Expo’ 13 Kuala Lumpur.

Victor Cheng - CA Technologies Vice President for Sales Asia South modified 

Photo - Victor Cheng, Vice President, Asia South, CA Technologies.

 

During the recent CA Expo '13 Kuala Lumpur, CA Technologies announced a series of new strategies and systems that the IT management solutions firm said would help Malaysian CIOs use disruptive technologies to transform their businesses.

CA Technologies vice president, Asia South, Victor Cheng challenged local CIOs to grasp technologies such as "cloud, mobile, social, and big data, and put IT in the driver's seat to create business innovation."

"The global IT landscape is shifting rapidly, and this is most evident in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ), home to some of the most dynamic markets in the world," said Cheng. "We're living in an Age of Innovation in Asia Pacific & Japan, and IT is at the heart of this incredible socio-economic transformation."

"IT can provide the innovation, speed, insight, and security necessary for organisations to succeed," he said. "The question now lies with CIOs if they want to proactively and strategically drive this transformation towards business growth, or remain tactical in maintaining IT infrastructures."

"CIOs everywhere are coping with an increasingly complex IT environment while constantly being pressurized to do more with less," added Peter Yong, director, CA IT Infrastructure Solutions, country representative partner (CRP) of CA Technologies in Malaysia.

"To succeed in this new world of IT, CIOs need to be strategic and focused in balancing the delivering of normal IT services and creation of new services to drive business growth," Yong said, citing findings from the company's latest Channel Index Survey, which is an annual study that tracks the IT industry outlook of CA Technologies partners. This year's study polled 554 global partners of CA Technologies through an online survey.

He said the survey confirmed "a climate of innovation among CIOs in APJ. They are increasingly switching their IT budgets from routine maintenance toward more innovative projects that enable revenue-generating services for businesses."

APJ channel partners said in the survey that 33 percent of their time was spent helping their customers innovate. [The conventional opinion is that 80 percent of a company's IT budget is typically spent on maintenance and operations, leaving just 20 percent for innovation initiatives.]

Despite the uncertainty of today's global economy, 46 percent of APJ channel partners think that IT budgets will improve, while 36 percent believe their budget will remain the same. Mobility, big data and cloud are the three disruptive technologies identified by CIOs as their IT investment priorities.

 

1  2  Next Page 

Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.