PHOTO - Avaya Malaysia country director Mohd Rasidan Mohd Taher.
Business communications provider Avaya has launched a free Apple iPad app to enhance enterprise collaboration channels.
The Avaya Flare Communicator app offers secure, next-generation mobile collaboration with enterprise-class voice, instant messaging, presence with e-mail integration over wi-fi and 3G networks, according to Avaya Malaysia country director, Mohd Rasidan Mohd Taher.
"Avaya Flare Communicator is another evolutionary step to provide workers with advanced communications capabilities on the device of their choice, delivered securely and cost-effectively," said Mohd Rasidan.
"We are talking to customers across Malaysia about how this intuitive solution can improve productivity and accelerate the speed of doing business - as well as leveraging the growing use of consumer devices such as iPads and smartphones as additional channels for secure enterprise collaboration for management and mobile workforce requirements," he said.
"The iPad app is powered by the Avaya Aura unified communications architecture, which delivers integrated applications to a broad range of fixed and mobile devices," said Mohd Rasidan. "Today, Avaya takes secure mobile collaboration a step further by making the Avaya Flare Communicator a download from the Apple App Store. Additional consumer devices and operating systems will be supported later this year."
The capabilities of the Avaya Flare Communicator include:
- View the availability of enterprise associates from the contacts card and simply tap a single location to launch an instant message (IM), voice call or e-mail
- Manage two simultaneous voice calls using the iPad while mobile
- Multi-task on the iPad tablet while communicating, e.g. read e-mails, attend a Web conference and use the iPad browser, and attend a voice conference call and IM, or use other productivity applications
- Search the corporate directory and add associates to the Avaya Flare Communicator contacts fan for easy access
- Engage in secure communication and collaboration remotely using wi-fi hotspots or 3G connectivity
- Reduce mobile expenses by using the data channel and avoiding roaming charges while travelling across different cellular networks.
"With Avaya Flare Communicator on iPad, enterprise users have a seamless mobile collaboration experience that integrates various methods of communication all at their fingertips," said IDC senior research analyst, unified communications, Rich Costello. "As the mobile workforce continues to grow, applications like Flare Communicator ensure that the tools they use simultaneously provide the consistency and flexibility needed for these workers to be truly effective."
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.