Subscribe / Unsubscribe Enewsletters | Login | Register

Pencil Banner

Alfresco outlines India strategy for ECM market

Yogesh Gupta | Nov. 27, 2012
Denis Dorval, Vice President, EMEA & APAC, Alfresco, articulates the distinctive proposition as a preferred ECM vendor in the Indian market.

CW: Will big data, social networking and the cloud coerce CIOs to give a serious look to Alfresco and its open source vision?

Dorval: India's telecom and Internet connectivity market is yet to mature. However Indian CIOs will have no choice but embrace cloud and mobility in next two to three years. Cloud, big data, and social networking are influencing some of the core content management capabilities. However it does not change people's opinion about open source.Cloud is a reality, but we believe that everything will not go on the cloud. About 80 percent of content will be secured behind firewalls on premise, but the remaining 20 percent needs to be pushed out on the cloud. Content proliferation is increasing rapidly, which will be a big challenge for organizations--big and small. There is great appetite for better software and improved experience at lower cost, and we are ideally positioned to deliver that.

 

Previous Page  1  2  3 

Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.