With more than 50 percent of market share and half of Thailand's population, AIS is the country's top mobile operator. Keeping services reliable and available are therefore critical for IT. AIS also needed to factor planned downtime for maintenance without impacting the performance or availability of services.
After having deployed Veritas Cluster Server, system availability improved from 98 percent to 99.5 percent and unplanned downtime decreased 75 percent. In addition, AIS' recovery time objective went from four hours to 10 minutes, and its recovery point objective from 30 minutes to 15 minutes.
The high availability feature of Veritas Cluster solutions allows AIS, and other organisations that run them, to better manage their Big Data analytics tools and minimise performance bottleneck.
Symantec has announced its vision of safe clouds where, in five years, companies will operate in a converged IT world of cloud, virtualisation and mobile, where public and private clouds are safe, and where IT organisations will have better visibility, control and compliance across their private and public clouds.
To achieve safe clouds, the IT industry needs to enforce rigorous cloud strategies and policy around the protection of information, people and infrastructures. Symantec foresees future clouds that will be safe, agile and efficient. Companies will transition into a "many clouds" state as information explodes across IT networks, public and private clouds, mobile devices and other cloud-connected endpoints. These clouds will be safe enough for confidential customer and sensitive business information, allowing companies to realise all that the cloud promises - scalability, affordability and availability - while users will experience greater productivity and accessibility.
From our conversations with customers, however, we understand that clouds add to IT complexity, specifically when it comes to protection, data management and control. That is why we encourage customers to consider the three cloud adoption models that are proving successful for organisations today. At Symantec, we help companies:
- Extend their IT to leverage third party clouds.
- Build their own private and public clouds.
- Consume or use cloud services.
Symantec's comprehensive cloud portfolio includes new and existing solutions to help solve the challenges customers face around creating protection polices and protecting information, identities and infrastructure in the cloud. Our latest cloud offerings are as follows:
Extend into Clouds Safely
- Symantec O3 has gained momentum with enterprises to provide secure cloud access control point through single sign-on authentication to cloud applications for advanced control and protection.
- Symantec File Share Encryption, Powered by PGP Technology ensures that files saved to Dropbox remain safe while keeping them accessible across mobile devices. IT and business organisations will gain increased control of confidential information that winds up in potentially unsanctioned cloud services (shadow IT).
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.