No prerequisites; however, Salesforce recommends taking the Programmatic Development Using Apex and Visualforce (DEV 450) course in advance
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II requires candidates to be experts in the advanced programmatic capabilities of the Force.com platform and data modeling so they can develop complex business logic and interfaces on the platform, according to Salesforce.
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II credential has three components; a multiple-choice exam, a programming assignment and an essay exam. You must pass the multiple-choice exam before you can move on to the programming assignment.
To pass the exam, you must know how to do the following:
- Design, develop, test and deploy easily maintainable, robust and reusable programmatic solutions
- Follow Apex design patterns and object-oriented programming best practices
- Multiple-choice Exam:60 multiple-choice questions
- 120 minutes allotted to complete the exam
- 63 percent is the passing score
- Registration fee is $400
- Retake fee is $200
- No hard-copy or online materials may be referenced during the exam
Prerequisite: Current status as a Salesforce Certified Platform
- Candidates must use Apex and Visualforce to create application components based on a set of preconfigured business requirements.
- Candidates have 30 days to complete the Programming Assignment; test-takers should plan to spend a minimum of 20 hours to complete it, according to Salesforce.
- Successful completion of the Certified Platform Developer II multiple-choice exam is a prerequisite.
The exam consists of three essay questions related to the programming assignment solution; Salesforce says no additional study materials or preparation is required for candidates. Sixty minutes is allotted to complete the exam in a proctored environment.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.