5. The Salesforce Certified System Architect
The certification emphasizes system testing, governance and integration with external systems within an organization's infrastructure, according to Salesforce.
The Certified System Architect certification also has domain specialization prerequisite certifications. Each domain specialization certification has its own associated exam. The required specializations for becoming a Salesforce Certified System Architect are:
- Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
- Certified Integration Architecture Designer
- Certified Platform Developer I
6. The Salesforce Certified Technical Architect (CTA)
This architect certification is the elite credential of the Salesforce Architect certification ecosystem, and requires a significant investment of time, energy and money. To achieve this certification, candidates need extensive experience, technical breadth and depth, presentation skills and the ability to synthesize Salesforce solutions that span the entire platform, according to Salesforce.
The Salesforce Certified Technical Architect possesses broad knowledge across multiple development platforms and has achieved certification in all specialized domains. The CTA certification draws on candidates' extensive skills and experience to assess customer requirements and architecture in order to design secure, high-performance technical solutions, according to Salesforce.
The CTA certification has extensive prerequisites:
- Achievement of both the Salesforce Certified Application Architect credential and Salesforce Certified System Architect credential
- Multiple-choice Exam
- Registration fee: $6,000
- Retake fee: $3,000
Once you have achieved the prerequisites, you will be qualified to take the Salesforce Certified Technical Architect Certification Review Board Exam. To pass this exam, you'll be required to design a recommended architecture solution based on a fictional client and hypothetical customer requirements. You will be asked to explain and justify why and how you built your solution.
7. Platform developers
There are two tiers in this certification: Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and Salesforce Certified Platform Developer II. These credentials are for professionals with knowledge, skills and experience building custom declarative and programmatic applications on the Force.com platform, according to Salesforce.
Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
The Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I credential requires candidates to have the knowledge, skills and experience to build custom declarative and programmatic applications on the Force.com platform, according to Salesforce.
To pass the exam, you need to know how to do the following:
- Design the data model, user interface, business logic, and security for custom applications
- Develop custom applications using Apex and Visualforce
- Be familiar with the development lifecycle from development to testing, and have knowledge of the available environments
- 60 multiple-choice questions
- 105 minutes allotted to complete the exam
- 68 percent is the passing score
- Registration fee is $200
- Retake fee is $100
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.