17. Mercantec E-Commerce Express Mercantec offers a small Express Cart option for sellers who want to sell online and list on eBay. The E-Commerce Express product generates a storefront for you, or you can opt to put the cut-and-paste cart-button code on an existing website. You can create a free account on the Mercantec website.
18. PayLoadz This ecommerce shopping cart can be used to sell just about any type of digital product. It handles the secure file storage and file delivery to your customers and also features product key registrations for selling software online. In addition, eBay Auctions are supported. PayLoadz is free to try; if you sign on, there's a $14.95 monthly maintenance fee.
19. StoreYa StoreYa.com is a Facebook commerce platform that imports an existing Web store in to Facebook. Features include Facebook store customization, support for many languages and currencies and social marketing features. A Facebook store with up to 50 product SKUs is totally free. Upgraded plans start at $9.99 per month.
StoreYa.com lets you import an existing Web store in to Facebook. It's free for up to 50 product SKUs.
4 Open Source Email Marketing Solutions to Connect With Customers
Email marketing is a valuable tool for any ecommerce business. You can tell your customers about your latest in-store promotions or offer tips and advice to improve your brand image. These four free open source email marketing programs are worth a look. You will need your own server, though.
20. OpenEMM OpenEMM is a Web-based enterprise application for email marketing, newsletters and service mails. Features include an easy interface, bounce management, link tracking, a CMS module and real-time analytics tracking. The code base, in development since 1999, is an easy to set up as a single-server system. The OpenEMM interface works with all major Web browsers.
21. phpList This one-way email announcement delivery system uses a Web interface that makes it easy to write and send messages. Features include support for more than 100,000 subscribers, message delivery management, click tracking for links and URLs, templates and bounce processing. In addition, you can set subscriber preferences so every email message contains personalized URLs for subscribers to update their preferences or unsubscribe from your list. Phplist is licensed under the GPL; version 2.10.19 is the latest stable release.
22. poMMo The poMMo Project is open source mass-mailing software for adding a mailing list to your website, though it can also be used for standalone mailings. This Web-based system installs in two minutes and is compatible with all common Web hosts. Features of poMMo include flexible mailing management, the ability to create subscriber groups, subscriber base import and export, and WYSIWYG HTML email creation. For user support and discussion, poMMo offers community forums.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.