How to prepare: A list of study courses and a series of webinars are available through registration.
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Administrator
The CCA Administrator credential certifies an individual has demonstrated the core systems and cluster administrator skills required by organizations deploying Cloudera in the enterprise, including:
- An understanding of the installation process for Cloudera Manager, Cloudera Hadoop (CDH), and the ecosystem projects
- The ability to perform basic and advanced configuration needed to effectively administer a Hadoop cluster
- The ability to maintain and modify the cluster to support day-to-day operations in the enterprise
- An understanding of how to enable relevant services and configure the cluster to meet goals defined by security policy, as well as knowledge of basic security practices
- The ability to benchmark the cluster operational metrics, and test system configuration for operation and efficiency
- The ability to troubleshoot, including finding the root cause of a problem, optimize inefficient execution, and resolve resource contention scenarios
The credential requires passing the remote-proctored CCA Administrator Exam (CCA131), which consists of eight to 12 performance-based, hands-on tasks on a pre-configured Cloudera Enterprise cluster. Each question requires the candidate to solve a particular scenario. Some require making configuration and service changes via Cloudera Manager, while others demand knowledge of command line Hadoop utilities and basic competence with the Linux environment. Candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam.
How to prepare: There are no prerequisites required, but Cloudera says the exam follows the same objectives as the Cloudera Administrator Training, making it excellent preparation for the exam.
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
A SQL developer who earns the CCA Data Analyst certification demonstrates core analyst skills to load, transform and model Hadoop data to define relationships and extract meaningful results from the raw output. It requires passing the CCA Data Analyst Exam (CCA159), a remote-proctored set of eight to 12 performance-based, hands-on tasks on a CDH 5 cluster. Candidates have 120 minutes to implement a technical solution for each task. They must analyze the problem and arrive at an optimal approach in the time allowed.
How to prepare: Cloudera recommends candidates take the Cloudera Data Analyst Training course, which has the same objectives as the exam.
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Spark and Hadoop Developer
The CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer credential certifies a professional has proven their core skills to ingest, transform and process data using Apache Spark and core Cloudera enterprise tools. It requires passing the remote-proctored CCA Spark and Hadoop Developer Exam (CCA175), which consists of eight to 12 performance-based, hands-on tasks on a Cloudera Enterprise cluster. Each question requires the candidate to solve a particular scenario. Some cases may require a tool such as Impala or Hive, others may require coding. Candidates have 120 minutes to complete the exam.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.