The Singapore infocomm Technology Federation (SiTF) held its annual Awards ceremony at The Arts House last evening (2 August). Debuted in 2008, the SiTF Awards recognise innovative solutions developed in Singapore. This year, 13 teams out of 177 entries received were commended with the SiTF Awards.
Eddie Chau, organising chairman of SITF Awards 2011, said the 20 per cent increase in entries from last year reflect the “vibrancy of the local ICT scene”.
Three new categories were also introduced this year: cloud technology, interactive ideas, and ICT team excellence technical support and marketing.
Chau explained that the Federation added new categories to further give recognition to users who have implemented technologies to bring their companies to new heights.
The honour roll at the fourth SiTF Awards were diverse in their backgrounds ranging from students to multinational companies and startups to government institutions.
Chau highlighted that the Awards showcased the use of emerging technologies such as cloud computing and mobile technology.
Bagging the award for the new Cloud Technology category was software and services company m9 Tech Solutions for its flagship product Oystor, an application that leverages on the cloud to store and access information.
Winning in the Mobile Applications category was Singapore Press Holdings for its STOMP website iPhone application, which allows its users to participate in the online citizen journalism website ‘on-the-go’. It also picked the Judge’s Choice award making it the only participant this year to win two awards.
SiTF Awards 2011: Categories and winners
1. Cloud Technology -m9 Tech Solutions
2. Digital Media- SingTel Idea Factory
3. E-Enterprise- SMRT Corporation
4. E-Government- Integrated Health Information Systems
5. Emerging Technology- Argentra
6. Interactive Ideas- Dr. Dana Elliott Srither
7. Mobile Applications- Multimedia Centre, Singapore Press Holdings
8. Start-up- YFind Technologies
9. Primary Student-Tampines Primary School
10. Secondary Student-Crescent Girls School
11. Tertiary Student-Singapore Polytechnic, School of Digital Media and Infocomm Technology
12. ICT Team Excellence Technical Support-Tata Consultancy Services Singapore
13. ICT Team Excellence Marketing- Smoov
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.