Forbes has published a bullet pointed list of advice for Apple CEO Tim Cook to keep in mind when running Apple.
- Grow Apple's (AAPL) market share. But keep margins above 44%.
- Put out 8 different versions of the iPhone simultaneously
- Spend billions on marketing like Samsung
- Get more people in the emerging markets on to the iOS platform. But don't put out a cheaper iPhone and sacrifice margins
- Shut down Siri because it never works
- Use the $137 billion cash on the balance sheet. But don't make wasteful high-priced acquisitions
- Hire back Scott Forstall. But also retain Bob Mansfield and Jony Ive the way Steve Jobs was able to
- Ship the Apple TV immediately. But make sure it's a perfect experience for the consumer so that it's not another Maps screw-up before shipping
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.