Cracks in cybersecurity defense
This research report exposes the cracks in cybersecurity defenses for organisations. Here are some recommendations on how companies can better manage cyber attacks that target their sensitive and confidential information:
- Eliminate the uncertainty of cyber risks by investing in technologies that provide visibility and details about attempted attacks and how successful attacks would affect your company.
- Look for access to better threat intelligence and real-time defenses.
- Deploy an all-encompassing defense strategy that incorporates web, email and mobile channels. Avoid hyper-focusing on one channel and examine all the channels your users and network use to interact with information.
- Assess security solution capabilities and deployments against a comprehensive kill-chain model to eliminate gaps and minimize excessive overlap.
- Find effective employee security education methods to promote cooperation and communicate the seriousness of cyber attacks and reduce high risk behavior.
“This global security report shows that the cybersecurity industry still has more work to do when it comes to addressing cyber-attacks,” said John McCormack, CEO of Websense.
“Security professionals need effective security measures and heightened security intelligence to keep organisations safe from advanced attacks and data loss. This need is what drives the Websense commitment to continued security innovation,” he added.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.